17 November 2010

Planning, Lists, and Coups


I love planning my meals!  I know it makes me a nerd, but it’s just a fact.  At the beginning of the week I plan my meals, check my food stock, make my list, clip coupons, and then head to the store.  It’s almost calming knowing that when I get home from work a delicious healthy dinner is easily in my future.  It helps me know what needs to come out of the freezer the night before or what needs to be prepped.  It prevents me from eating unhealthy after work snacks or junk for dinner.  And I’ve even started to use it to help me plan evening workouts.  On gym nights dinner consists of soup and a sandwich or leftover meat on a salad.  On non-gym nights I try to make the more extensive meals that I use parts of other nights in the week.  It’s definitely made my workouts more likely to happen!

Here’s this week’s plan…

 On a pretty 52 week menu planner found for $1 at Michaels.  I bought about 10 of these when I found them because I thought they were a one time great deal.  Turns out the make them year round and even for the seasons!

And since I’m in the planning mood, I’m going to go with it…

For Thanksgiving Food and Christmas Cookies:

Menu (or at least my contributions):
1 apple pie
Sweet potato gnocchi with apples, walnuts, and a cinnamon sugar sauce (get excited!!!)
Chocolate chip cookies (with and without nuts)
Pizzels (lemon, vanilla, and almond)
White and milk chocolate dipped pretzels with sprinkles

And the best part is, I only have to make these cookies and I get at least 8 more kinds from my mom and sis!  This is a great way to simplify the holidays and still stay true to tradition.  In this case the tradition of a gazillion types of cookies!

List:
15 apples (pie, sweet potatoes, snacks during baking)

4 Bags pretzel rods

4# Butter
Granulated sugar
Brown sugar
16 ounce bag walnuts
Almond extract
Lemon extract
Vanilla
4 bags chocolate chips

1 dozen eggs

?Nut chopper

Let the festivities begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment