30 November 2010

The Organized Salad

It's soup and sandwich Tuesday with a post-thanksgiving twist.

 




First up...home made chicken noodle soup from the freezer, over leftover stuffing!  Delish!  The broth plumped up the bread in the stuffing and made it that much more filling.  




 Next was what tonight I affectionately named, the organized salad...aka the veggie wrap.  As I was eating this and thoroughly enjoying it, I mentioned that it was an awful lot like a salad that's been all wrapped up.  But why did it taste better than a salad?  Steve and I determined it was because it had an evenly layered distribution of veggies.  You get every single vegetable in every single bite.  And thus, the organized salad.  Perfection in the eyes of a type A gal like me.


In the layers:
red pepper
celery
spinach
carrots
cucumbers
tomatoes
light mayo
red pepper hummus
pickles

We'll chalk tonight's dinner up as a simple success...with a cheese stick on the side!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm this sounds great! I will try it for lunch.. I think the type A-ness of it also appeals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the first comment Tara! Makes me feel special. Let me know how that lunch goes.

    ReplyDelete