28 November 2010

I feel good…


I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you...
This is what I sang at the gym on my very first day of 5K training.
About two weeks ago I was thinking about how it would be nice to work toward something at the gym. 
About a week ago my sister said, “Want to train for a 5K with me?”
So I said, “YES!”
I am 25 years old and don’t consider myself terribly unhealthy, but I know I could be A LOT healthier.  I started thinking about my future.  I tend to be a very future thinking individual, but many things have happened in the past two years that have made me even more future thinking. 
I completed college, an internship, acquired a job, quit, and found a new job.
I got married.
I bought a house with my husband. 
I brought home my “children,” two very friendly calico kittens.
 
I found myself saying “now what?!”  A LOT!  I reached every goal I had set for myself since I was a little girl.  This is when I realized I am a person who thrives on setting and achieving goals…and I needed a new one.
Why not get fit and lose a couple of pounds.  I eat reasonably healthy being a registered dietitian and all, but there is always room for improvement.  More importantly, I have been putting off exercise for years since I was always “too busy.”  If I wasn’t going to make time now, will I ever? 
Soooooo it was time to establish a lifestyle:  a sustainable, healthy lifestyle.
After a couple of months...here I am.
I find myself meeting mini goals that I set in my head and feeling great.  So now it’s time to really commit and make some progress.
My progress so far (tracked using the My Fitness Pal app):
August 26 --> 178 pounds
September 12  --> 174.8 pounds
October 15 --> 175.6 pounds
November 8 --> 173.8 pounds
November 28 --> 171.8 pounds

My weight goals and rewards:
1.        170 pounds --> new water bottle with a built in straw (for easy sipping on the treadmill)
2.       165 pounds--> cloth napkins (I like things that make my house look pretty and are good for the environment)
3.       160 pounds --> iPod Shuffle (so I don’t drop my iPhone while running)
4.       155 pounds --> cook book(s)
5.       150 pounds --> start the hunt for a new dining room table and chairs!
My fitness goals and rewards:
1.       5K --> new running shoes
2.       10K --> new workout pants and shirt
Today’s efforts:
Pre-workout snack
Week one/day one workout:  Warm-up.  90 seconds walking, 60 seconds jogging, alternate to total 20 minutes. Cool down.
Refueling lunch

Christmas light hanging snack

Satisfying dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment