15 November 2010

Everyday.

I debated if I wanted the everyday tacked on to the end of my blog title for quite a while.  But I think it holds too much meaning to leave off.  So despite the wordiness, there's the message...Dig Clay, Saute, Go Play.  Everyday.  

Dig Clay...although I do enjoy getting dirty (sandbox was always my favorite activity as a kid, along with digging up worms and hiding them under my bed), in this instance it refers to literally "digging" or harvesting the food you eat.  Or if nothing else, knowing where it came from, how it grew, or maybe even who grew it, so you could enjoy it...everyday.  This has become more of a priority in my life over the past year or so and I hope to make it valuable to others through the anecdotes of the first garden of my own and my search for local foods.

Saute...as in cooking your food (And yes I know I'm missing the accent, but I don't know how to get it to show up.  So if anyone would like to share this information, feel free!).  I try to be an adventurous cook everyday and am frequently asked for recipes or healthy cooking tips.  So here's the forum for that to finally happen!  There will also be plenty of tips on healthy eating and a glimpse into my meals.

 Go Play...although this started as a reference to living an active lifestyle, I also think it rings true for living everyday to the fullest and having FUN.  I am making my best effort to do both of these day in and day out.  I will guarantee you that I won't be successful everyday, but I'll do my best!  Maybe we can even inspire each other?!

So I hope you enjoy the ride!

Check back in everyday to learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment