16 November 2010

Oh Rosemary!


I’ve tried to get along with you Rosemary, but I just can’t!

Tonight’s dinner…crock pot chicken with local baby potatoes, red and green peppers, onion, and carrots.  Seasonings included curry powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, fresh chives, AND fresh rosemary.



I was given a little rosemary plant from a coworker.  I was thrilled!  I had fresh herbs to brighten my kitchen and give vibrant flavor to my cooking. 

Last night in preparation to load my crock pot this morning, I snipped three small sprigs of rosemary.  It smelled woody and fresh, like taking a walk through the forest and smelling the trees.  It’s supposed to pair well with chicken, so adding it to the pile seemed like a good idea.  So I loaded all my goodies around my chicken and popped the rosemary on top. 

Turns out when I tasted my crock pot delights it tasted like I was eating a pine tree.   Oh well; it filled my belly for the night.  And the leftover chicken, carrots, and broth combined with some broken whole wheat thin spaghetti made a perfect chicken noodle soup.  I love making food that covers two night’s dinners!

So it looks like Ms. Rosemary is going to serve purposes other than flavoring my food. 

Better Homes and Gardens to the rescue!  I can make a rosemary topiary!

No comments:

Post a Comment