16 December 2010

Regrouping

It’s so easy to get off track.  It happens any time of year, but especially around the holidays.  I’ve been busy visiting with family and friends, baking, and shopping.  And it’s not even Christmas yet!  This hasn’t left much time to run or blog.  It’s been frustrating.  I was really beginning to fear that I would “fall off the band wagon” and not be able to get started again.  Wrong.  You can do anything you are committed to doing.  Don’t doubt yourself.  And especially don’t let anyone else instill doubt in you.  Nike says it best...Just Do It.
As far as eating goes I’ve been enjoying my holiday snacks, but really listening to what my body wants.  Do I really want that extra cookie or am I truly satisfied with just one?  Do I need to stop and get an Egg McMuffin or would oatmeal be just as satisfying?  When I listen, my body usually tells me what’s best.  And thanks to the listening I’m down 3 more pounds.  Hello 160’s!  I don’t remember seeing you since high school!  Now that I’m 168 pounds…it’s time to go treat myself to a new water bottle with a flippy straw.  Oh the little things that thrill me!
I think I’ll go with something like this.  Maybe in green.
Have a wonderful, inspired, productive, and maybe snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment