05 December 2010

Breathe Deep

Yesterday I did my 5K training run outside for first time.  What a nice change.  New scenery.  Fresh crisp air to breathe.  And good practice on the hills.  Probably ran, or more accurately, jogged a little slower because of it all, but still a very good workout.  Twenty minutes of the run/walk routine and 15 minutes combined warm-up and cool-down.  

It was also the first time I ran with company beside me...or in this case behind and in front of me.  My sister, Karen, her husband, Lyle and Steve and I motivated ourselves  and each other to get out of bed on a Saturday morning and start the run around 8AM.  Workout buddies really do help.  We all ran at our own pace.  I blared music from my iPhone.  The music changed according to when we were supposed to be running or walking and we had no need for a stop watch, which was nice. 

What a feeling of accomplishment when we were done.  Felt good all day because of it.  Now the task is to remember that feeling for future weekend mornings when I don't have three other people to hold me accountable...


Worth while thought to start the week (from a fortune cookie):
Many possibilities are open to you -- work a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment