05 January 2011

Resolution November

This year I decided that I needed to make a change in November.  Why wait until January?  If you want to be successful in making a change you have to value the change.  And if you value it, you think it’s important.  And if it’s important, why wait?  So I resolved to get healthier in November.
Of course I my resolution was not just to get healthier.  It was a SMART goal, just like I learned in school. 
Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely. 
I will go to the gym 3 times each week.
I will track the food I am eating 5 days each week.
I will eat at least 2 vegetarian dinners each week.
Now when I’m heading to the gym, logging my foods, stir frying my veggies, and making good choices I can be proud to know I’ve been doing it for two months!  There were some rough meals or even whole days over the holidays, but I made it through.  I figure, the holidays will come again year after year, so I better get used to making good choices despite the holiday temptations. 
And to top it off, this is the most successful with resolutions I’ve ever been.  I am happily training for my first 5K, devouring 3 or 4 vegetarian meals a week, and dropping the pounds without too much thought.  Best of all I don’t feel like its work.  I’m energized, happy, and getting ready to set more goals, because success feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment